Awards and a BBQ Dinner

Kasha the Dainty Great Dane bestowed me with the Versatile Blogger award awhile back and I would like to give Kasha a big wet lick for being such a sweetheart.

My lovely friend Sprinkle also gave me the Versatile Blogger award and a big wet lick for her too. You gals are pawsome furiends. Now, with great award, comes great responsibility... it always comes with rules. With this particular one, I have to list down seven random things about myself. Well, I have listed them here before but I'll give it another go this time round. So here it goes:
  1. I am a very friendly sharpei, too friendly till I'm bitten many a times for getting too close to a dog, big or small
  2. Heck, even cats have bitten and scratched me before
  3. However, when pushed, I can be offensive as I have subdued a GSD twice my size
  4. I'm always mistaken as a bulldog by people... "Ooh! A bulldog!... No! He's a Shar Pei"
  5. Either that, or people will always ask "What dog is this?"
  6. My daily diet consist of cooked food, i.e. dory fish and rice with vegetables, sometimes with oink-oink and moo-moo or salmon and sardine fish
  7. I dropped out of obedience class as a puppy coz treats do not excite me to follow commands, but I do understand commands, just a wee bit stubborn :)

The ever entertaining Dennis the Visla gave me two awards, the Thank You award and the Friendship award which put together becomes Thank You for Your Friendship award. Thank you indeed, Dennis, for your furiendship. And with this, I would like to pass this combo award to the following furiends below for their wonderful furiendship... I heart you all.


Happy Bingo and Benji My Lovely Twixie Girl
Bookerman
Buddy and Ginger
Jelly Bean
Bunny and Gang
Buster and Elizabeth
Cocorue and Tiffy Eva and Mika Boo Casanova
Kasha Three Dogketeers Santa and Gang Madame Moiselle
Audrey Scout and Freyja Bundy
Elbow and Hauwii Lois Lane
Life with 5 Dogs Riley and Star
Nigel and Gang Lola and Franklin
Lorenza Princess Luna
Puddles and Gang
Mango and Dexter Georgia
Martha and Bailey Mango the Maltese
Pam Maggie Mae
Bolo Sallie
Fiona and Abby Hound Girl
Sprinkles Thor
RA Husky Two Pitties Twinkie


------------- ::: -------------


We were at a Japanese BBQ restaurant for dinner... and yes, the hoomans have cravings for Japanese food.

Waiting for the food...

... *sniff! sniff!* I can smell the food cooking on the table.

BBQ meat and enoki mushroom with grilled shishamo fish and handrolls... yummy!

I'm waaaaiting!

Nom nom nom... *slurp!*

Munching on my BBQ meat.

Hey! Keep those nommies coming, kay!

Leaving the restaurant after a delicious meal...

... and we headed to the park for a walk and some off leash activity.

Watching the hoomans playing with the swings and slides...

... and they say I'm puppish... pfttt!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

We've been to that restaurant before too!! Eva's first restaurant :)

Congrats on your award! must have taken you lots of time to do that I love you pictures but so worth it! Thanks for tagging us :)

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Oh my...I am a bit worried about Dory fish.... :-)

Smileys & Snuggles!
Dory, Bilbo and Jacob

little princess Luna~ said...

hellooooo my smushy cushy hero~! :D

CONGRATS darling--you deserve that and so much more~!!!!
omd--i seeee meeeee~!! :D thank you hero--i heart you too~!! :)
hero, seriously, you have to take me out to dindin someday--japanese?? ;)
i just think it is so pawsome how you get to go almost everywhere with your mum and dad~!!!!

XO,
luna

ps. i look forward to seeing you on the birthday/month howl-o-ween pawty~!!!! FUN FUN FUN FUN~!!!!

3 doxies said...

OOOOOOOH my gooooooodnesses Hero...dis is da coolest thing evers!!!! I am so amazed at hows you did them fotos of evrybuddy! Oh WOW!!!!!
I seeeees me too...hehehe!

Sushi???? I dunno bouts dat. I prefers yard food not sea food.

Puddles

houndstooth said...

Thanks for the award! That restaurant looks to drool for! I wish I could go in a place like that. You live a great life, Hero!

Bunny

sprinkles said...

Congrats on all of your awards, Hero! You're very deserving of each and every one of them!

That must've taken you a long time to do that "I love you picture" but it's very cool looking. I was surprised to see my avatar there, thanks for passing it on.

I would never mistake you for a bulldog, I don't think you look anything like one!

I love that you get to go so many places with your humans, Hero! I'd love to be able to take my chihuahuas with me everywhere.

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Thank you for the award. That must have been a lot of work - arranging all those photos. It's beautiful. And to think you did it all without opposable thumbs.

It must be so nice to be allowed to go inside restaurants. And nice for the humans there, too. It's added value to be able to see a handsome Pei while enjoying a meal.

lotsa licks, Lola

georgia little pea said...

dear hero,

thank you for including me in that Dreadfully Hard To Make Collage Thingy! i was looking at all the little pictures wow-ing at how many friends you have when suddenly! - hmmm, WHO'S that interesting looking dog there? Oh wait. it's ME!

you are very kind.

i like that your hoomans got some off-leash time in the park. It's good to let them work off their energy sometimes or they can be too hard to handle.

hug xox

Thor and Jack said...

Thank you so much, Hero!
You're a lucky dog going for restaurants like that! Yummy food! Wow!

Thor

The Oceanside Animals said...

Very cleverly arranged pictures!

Kapitein Haakje said...

wooooooooow we love the i love you photo thingie!!!

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hero!
Congratulations on your Awards!
Thanks a lot for giving it to me too!
Your food sure is delish!
I need to have a serious talk with my mom about my boring kibble!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Chloe and Libby said...

I looked like you enjoyed the yummy bbq very much. I've been away for awhile, but I've missed you so much Hero.
Hugs,
Chloe

the booker man said...

herooooo!
gratsers on your awardies!! yup, you are totally versatile and a grrreat friend, and i am thankful that you are my friend! :)
thank you bunches 'n tons for passing the thank you award and the friendship award on to me! i see me and asa's picture in your "i <3 u"! that is so way neato how you made that!
i think i need to pack myself in a box and hop in the mail over to your house cuz that japanese bbq place looks yummy yummers! teehee! i love that ya'll had your very own grill thingie on the table! i'm glad your hoomans shared the grillage with you. :)

*woof*
the booker man

pee s -- my verification word is "dishi"! it's like dish and sushi combined. heeheehee.

MadameMoiselle said...

Aww..Hero you are the sweetest!! So much effort put into the award ceremony .. We heart you equally as much if not more..

Hehehe.. I like the little dinner outing you have there. You are absolutely right about those hooman calling us puppish.. Have a good look in the mirror hooman.. My mom acts and talks like a 5 year old most the time !!

Licks
Zelle

Dexter said...

I bet most humans do not even know what kind of doggie you are, right? Maybe you need an "I'm a sharpie" t-shirt.

I think it is good that you are kind to all you meet even if some idiots are not nice to you back. Mom will protect you.

Slobbers,
Mango

Diana Chiew said...

Hey Hero, sorry we missed this post and we almost miss the awards for us! We have grabbed the awards from Sprinkles, then came over and saw this. Thanks for the friendship. You've been a great friend though we have not met.

Oops, off leash activity? You meant for your humans? Sounds like they had some fun time off leash and you have been made to sit-stay. But then, we are sure you had fun too, watching them!!

Martha said...

Hi Hero
Congratulations on your Awards from the late late bassets!
Thank you for sharing - we loved the way you had all our pics on your blog!
That was cool.
Great work with the Tag - we think being called a bulldog is better than a sausage dog anyways....!
love and kisses
Martha and Bailey xxx

Fantabulous May said...

Hello Hero,
how r u doing??? Oh I would love to bring my furkids over the restaurant ^_^
stay healthy

May@ http://amayzing.me

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Congrats on your awards!
That restaurant looks fabulous (says mom)!. And we love the collage of pics of all your friends. I see me!
-JB