Chinese Lunar New Year

Today, the world celebrates St. Valentine's day... but it is also the first day of the Chinese lunar calendar... so we celebrate Chinese New Year.

Keeping up with tradition, the celebration involves a hearty reunion dinner spread on new year's eve...

... and the night will end with some loud firecrackers to welcome the new lunar calendar.

And I like to join in the action too.

Wheee!... Let's play some firecrackers...

... and start the new year with a bang.

Whoa... this firecracker is loud and fiery... better step back.

This one is burning out already...

... by giving out smoke and the acrid smell of sulfur in the air.

I'm not afraid of this little spinning ball of fireworks.

Fireworks lighting up the starry night...

... and bright sparkles to my delight.

Here's wishing everyone a blessed Year of the Tiger.

13 comments:

Kapitein Haakje said...

watch out hero for that sparkling thingy
happy chinese new year
and

Happy Valentines day!

Kissslobbers
the lover boys

Taffy said...

Wow! You are very brave to get so close to those firecrackers. I would never do that....well, maybe I would if you were by my side ;o)
I'm extremely happy to be your Valentine! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and Happy Chinese New Year!
Snuggles,
Twix

Thor and Jack said...

Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Valentine's day Hero and family!

Thor

Diana Chiew said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family. You are so brave, Hero. I'm afraid of fireworks but not Minnie and Christmas.

- Santa

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello hero its dennis the vizsla dog hay yoo ar verry brayv to stay owt their wen all that artillery wuz hitting the grownd heer yoo!!! ok bye

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hero!
Happy Chinese New Year!
Sure you had fun with those firecrackers!
Did you get one of those red packets??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Hi Hero,

Happy New Year to you! You are might brave checking out those fireworks..be careful, don't want to burn your fur. I love that last picture of you, it's adorable.

AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

Dog Foster Mom said...

Wow Hero, those are great pictures! You're a very brave dog!!

Lois Lane/Laney said...

You are brave, Hero!
I hate fireworks! Can't wait to get in the house and hide, when I hear them!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Happy Year of the Tiger Hero!!

Smileys!
Dory


PeeEss...we also think you are very brave!!

Teal'c said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you and your hoomans! Wow - Hero, I'm deeply impressed! You are damn brave... I already think fireworks far away are nothing for my precious ears and I think when the sky is falling on your head it is no shame to hide under the table! It is wise!!! :)
Slobbers Teal'c

Unknown said...

Hi Hero. What a brave dog you are!

Gong xi fa cai to you too.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

You are always in the middle of all the action!
Happy year of the tiger to you!
--JB