Trail to Geruntum Fall

Once the hoomans were done trying to kill themselves with body rafting...

... I put on my floating vest and we set off on a trail to the Geruntum Fall located a distance away upstream.

Having a drink before we start...

... our long and hazardous trek up the river.

Taking a breather along the way.

As we walked atop the rocks along the river...

... at one point, I slipped and fell right into the water.

Luckily I was not swept away by the swift water...

... and managed to climb up to safety on those slippery rocks... *cough! cough!*

Taking a moment to compose myself after gulping some water on the fall.

In between all the endless walking, we stopped to rest,...

... we drank from stagnant puddles,...

... and more rest stops for our weary legs.

Submerging myself in the river bank to cool off...

... before continuing the trail on flat land.

A distance away, we came to a metal bridge...

... that was once made of concrete but collapsed during a raging flood after heavy downpour.

This time, I have to be extra careful not to fall into the strong rapids below.

Slow and steady I crossed the bridge without much difficulty.

But I spoke too soon as we came to another part of the river and this time round, there was no bridge in sight.

Left with no other choice, I have to swim across the river.

Luckily, the current was not too strong at this part...

... and I managed to swim across safely.

Note from hooman: As a safety precaution, we always ensure that there is someone downstream whenever hero swims in a flowing river in case he's swept away by strong current.

I think we're not too far from the water fall...

... as I could hear the sound of water splashing from the distance.

Yes, we finally made it to Geruntum waterfall...

... where the hoomans tried to kill themselves again had some wet abseiling fun.

18 comments:

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Hero...you are so very brave!! We have been sitting on the edge of our seats!!


Smileys and Snuggles,
Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

Unknown said...

Hero!!
You looked so happy in your pictures! LOL How nice to see a smiling shar pei!
Your adventure was quite something wasn't it? How exciting!

sprinkles said...

Oh what fun! I got to visit some waterfalls this weekend too but didn't have to do all the walking and climbing you did to get there.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

You are just such a manly dog, that fall into the water did not hurt you one bit. Beautiful waterfall!
You just crack my mom up for some reason. You look very handsome in your red vest.
--JB

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Hero, I've read this post about three times. On the one paw, it's visually beautiful, thrilling and I'm filled with admiration for your daring and courage. Plus you look soooo good in that vest. Kind of like a SuperHero. On the other paw, you're all scaring the poop out of me. How about one of those nice trips to an outdoor cafe or something? Those were good, too.

wags, Lola

Lorenza said...

Hero!
This part of you adventure was dangerous!
You are so brave!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

♥ Sallie said...

I'm glad you didn't get swept away! Those hoomans are crazy! :)


Just teasing!

What an amazing adventure! The pictures are awesome!

♥ Sallie said...

I want to follow but I don't see a follow button. :(

the booker man said...

oh, wow, hero!!
i seriously think you go on the bestest adventures that i have evarrr seen!! i'm glad you got to go hikin' and swimmin' and that you didn't get stuck in a strong current! i can't believe your hoomans did all those crazy body rafting and climbing on waterfall thingies! anywho, that waterfall is so so pretty. i love all the pictures!
*woof*
the booker man

Boo Casanova said...

yes, i'm sure the rocks are super slippery. :D luckily you have your life jacket with you while falling, if not... ok ok, i do not want to make any assumption.

wet wet licks

Boo

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello hero its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow i herd the raiders of the lost ark myoozik the hole time i wuz reeding that post!!!! ba dum ba dum dum dum da dum!!! ok bye

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Woah, Hero! You must have super powers of bravery!
And you are the only Shar Pei I've heard of that not only doesn't mind being wet but also SWIMS!

Anonymous said...

Our Tommy would NEVER go into water. WOW. Hero is so cool. And looks great in a watervest.

little princess Luna~ said...

OMD HERO--BOWOWOWOW~!!!! you are so brave and pawsome~!! :D
what cool adventure~!!
YOU ARE MY HEROOOOO~!!!!

xo,
luna

ps. i love your smooshy face~! ;)

Unknown said...

Beautiful trail Hero!thanx for sharing.U look really smart in ur float jacket.
Great way to spend a lovely day.
Btw, we have an award for u on our site. please go pick it up
wags, Buddy n Ginger

Taffy said...

OMD! I'm feeling faint! Is the room spinning? Once you put on your 'swimwear' it got really hot in here! Ok, maybe I got really hot ;o) I might have to borrow a picture or two from this post someday soon, if you don't mind.
Snuggles,
Twix
PS: Did you notice I put "our" picture on my sidebar last weekend?

3 doxies said...

Hello Hero,
I'm coming from Twix's log and Luna's...hope you don't mind. I wanted to come meet Twix's stud muffin.
You are one heck of an adventurous doggie. I'm just all kinds of glad that your hoomans didn't kill themselves. I mean how would you eat then? I'm with Lola, how bout a trip to da cafe or da library...hehehe. Oh and I had to laugh bout that stagnant puddle cuz my name is Puddles.
Puddles

MadameMoiselle said...

Hi Hero !!

I've been to that water fall too !!I have to admit you are indeed a very brave boy.. When i was there the lst time I didn't even dare to go near the water..

You are one brave Shar Pei !!