Hiking With Lucky

I was enjoying the car ride as we passed by the city on the way to our hike.

We started our hike at the bottom of the hill. Can you spot there were two of us doggy in the group?

This is me, having a sip of water before our ascend...

... and this is Lucky, checking for pee mails at the foot hill.

Yup, my pal Lucky is also a sharpei, a meat mouth pei to be exact, and he does look like my pei pal from New York, Lola.

We made a good tag team together, since my tail points to the left, I was in charge of marking the left side of the trail...

... and since Lucky's tail curls to the right, he was tasked to mark the right side.

It was quite a laborious climb up to the hill...

... and I was a thirsty pei. Also I needed to replenish all the fluid after all those intense marking.

Enjoying the tranquility and the beautiful view of the lake at the top.

Lucky having his drink at a water retention pond...

... and he decided to have a dip as well to cool off the heat.

Like a hero, I jumped into the water to join Lucky...

... only to realize the water was cold and I sprang out of the pond in a jiffy.

There were many makeshift bridges along the hike...

... and we have to be careful when crossing these wooden planks.

Like a marching troop, we moved into a single line when crossing these narrow bridges...

... with Lucky following closely behind us.

We took a rest under the shade before continuing with our hike...

... and I took the opportunity to scout around...

... and left more pee mails...

... before continuing with our descend from the hill top.

The trail was filled with lots of wild flora and fauna.

Taking a breather under a huge tree on the way down.

We arrived at a small water retention area and decided to sniff it out.

It's in us, peis are naturally busybody curious about their environment.

Lucky having a relaxing dip in the cold water after all the trekking...

... and I joined in too as my weary legs could do with some refreshing soak.

A pretty little wild flower along the pathway as we made our way back.

I was so tired on the way home, I could hardly opened my eyes.

15 comments:

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Wow, what a great adventure! With another cute Pei! Two Pei's who love water... too funny.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a great hike you had, Hero, and how wonderful to be able to share it with a pei pal. You are both so beautiful. We loved that photo where your tail is uncurled - don't think we have ever seen a pei tail uncurled:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Elizabeth said...

This looks like a really exciting (but tiring) day!
Who was looking after your sister when you were off on your adventure?
love from
Buster

Thor and Jack said...

Hero!

What a great adventure with your friend Lucky!

Thor and Jack

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Hero,
What a great day you had wif your furiend Lucky! I would be sleepy too if I hiked like you did!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

booahboo said...

Wow.. where didya go? The trial does look a bit familiar...

Lucky and you look so alike :) it is great to have a pal with you on a hike.

I bet meimei will be able to go on hikes with you guys one day soon.. :) have a wonderful weekend and stay safe.

booahboo said...

trail.. haha.. sorry abt my error :)

Suka said...

hey Hero,

What a pawesome adventure! So cool that your friend Lucky got to join you. And love how you both tag-teamed the trails! That is so funny how your tails point in opposite direction! BOL!

My favorite photos are the ones of both you and lucky lying in the cool water. Very pretty photos. :->

So glad you had a great time, and I hope you had a great sleep with wonderful dreams of your adventure. Thanks for sharing!

Suka

georgia little pea said...

now that is a hike! and not a single dogpoo or bad sign to be seen anywhere!

what a great way to tell the difference between lucky and you. the telltail sign - aha aha!! [sorry, i'm full of bad puns today...must be a friday thing.]

i've never heard of a meatmouth sharpei. what a cool name.

have a great weekend :)

Molly the Airedale said...

What a fun adventure, Hero! We're not too sure about those narrow bridges!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Lord said...

As always - I enjoyed your post. Those were great pictures. You and lucky are very adventurous dogs.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Another fun adventure!!!

Smileys!
Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

sprinkles said...

You always have the best adventures, Hero! I wish I could come along with you sometime.

Thank you for your kind comment regarding my father's recent passing. It really meant a lot to me.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

What a great peemail hike!
--JB

Baju Pesta Wanita Muslim said...

What a fun adventure, Hero! We're not too sure about those narrow bridges!