Hike Up the Hill

Starting our ascend at the foot of the hill.

The beginning of the trail which consists mostly of big granite rocks on beaten paths.

Leaving pee markers on the bushes... as an experience hiker would leave behind route markers.

It may not be clearly visible but there's a deep ravine on my left... that makes the hoomans uneasy with my casual running alongside it.

These fire ants are nasty...

... as they bit me...

... on my left paw...

... and my right paw too... that really sucks!

After an eternal uphill climb...

... we reached a narrow connecting plank of wood...

... which we crossed with careful steps... else it's a long fall down the crevice.

Time to cool off with some water...

... and taking a breather before continuing our hike.

Licking those nasty ants' bites on my leg.

I saw something approaching from a distance.

It's some mountain biking dudes...

... racing each other down the hill.

We continue with our hike and here I'm making my way across another deep opening on the terrain.

Boy! That is a long way down the cliff... better not stand too close.

Phew! Finally we make it to the top...

... taking in the view.

Time to descend again...

... to the valley below.

Another water break along the way to recharge.

C'mon... let's move on...

... just follow my pee markers...

... and we won't get lost in this hill.

12 comments:

Diana Chiew said...

Great hike, you are an adventurous dog!!

Dexter said...

You are quite a daredevil. If I went that close to the edge my momma would be shrieking for sure. Watch out for the bitey ants, they are most fierce.

Slobbers,
mango

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Another exciting Hero adventure!!!

Sorry about the nasty fire ant bites!!

Smileys!
Dory

Unknown said...

Hi Hero. Looks exciting!
The weather looked pretty good that day. :D

Dog Foster Mom said...

What a great hike! That looks like it was a lot of fun.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hero!
You had another great adventure... with ants included! I hope their bites don't hurt you too much!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Cocorue said...

hello Hero, nice meeting you

you are so right as i do tend to bully Coco...given i'm still a baby!

that is a nice hike and what are 'ants?' they look nasty but delicious at the same time???

i will find a way to come back to chat with you....Coco's friends Are MY friends ha ha

Tiffy

The Oceanside Animals said...

Wow! I've ridden my bike on some funky trails but never one like that!

sprinkles said...

Hi Hero! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I've read yours and am now following you!

Your hike on that trail looks like a fun adventure!

mk said...

Hi,
Nice adventure and good looking dog, btw which hill was this ? I have 2 shepherd would like this trail.

Cleo said...

Your climb looked like fun! I do a city version on the hills of San Francisco. Do you go on a lot of hikes? xx

Chloe and Libby said...

I'm so late in seeing all these blogs, and this one is oh so grand Hero!!! I do wish I was there along side of you making our way up and down the trails together. I'll go dream a bit more about it now.
Hugs,
Chloe